Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 4: 13 Miles


I seriously believe this was the most difficult day yet! I woke up this morning so so SOOOO SORE! My legs are so tight and I have the blister the size of golf ball on the bottom of my foot. The race began at 9 AM, which was very nice however at the blow of the whistle, my legs could not move. My brain was saying, "GO..GO..GO"... but my legs were saying "I don't think so!".  The worst part of the race is that it began downhill. Now that may be easy for some… but trying to run downhill made my legs feel like they were ready to snap in half! After about 20 minutes I could not feel the pain any longer and my competitive spirit was at it again. The road was stunning today. We are in a tropical atmosphere which looks a lot like Costa Rica and there are waterfalls EVERYWHERE! The heat is out and the humid is high. It was a very short day and after 2 hours and 10 minutes I crossed the finish line... 25th Overall. I know... Not my best... but tomorrow is the last day and I'm sure I will have a spur of energy :) This evening we had a cultural entertainment event. All teams & locals joined around the campfire to represent each country by either singing a song or doing a dance. US represented by doing the hokie pokie… Spain sang & danced to The Macarena… The 3 Argentinean men salsa danced while singing a song (Lol)… the Irish girls made a pyramid…. Germans sang a song with a glasses of beer…. And the Austrian made everyone do push ups! After the team members did a performance, the locals sang songs, played music and everyone enjoyed by dancing around the campfire. I guess even I can’t turndown dancing…. Even if my legs are SUPER sore. Lol

1 comment:

  1. Audrey!! WOW! I am so proud of you! I can't imagine running that far, let alone so many days in a row, as I am sitting on my couch. Keep up the good work and can't wait to see your photos. A trip of a lifetime!
    Enjoy,
    Donna, Kevin, Taylor, and Kelsey

    ReplyDelete