Sunday, November 28, 2010

Satsanga Yoga Retreat - Goa

Oh Satsanga.... How I will miss you soooo much! Waking up every morning at 7am for a 1 hour meditation class followed by drinking Marsala Tea & enjoying mornings with my new Yogi friends really starts a morning right! When I felt like exploring Molly from St. Martin and Ava from Hungray and I would rent scooters and drive to Brahman Yoga Studio for either Vinyasa or Hatha Yoga class... other days Owner Jody would conduct a Vinyasa yoga class for us at Satsanga in a beautiful shala open to the rainforest. I even on one occasion joined a class with a German yoga instructor... I had no idea what he was talking about but it was definitely fun to experience!..Lol. In the evening my new friends and I would either drive a "tuk tuk" or scooter to a great little shack on the beach or enjoy a vegan meal at Satsanga. This place was literally right on the beach! We ate our delicious meals on bed like tables and enjoyed the live music and sunset views.... it was difficult to leave (I found myself there at least 3 nights). Throughout the days I would either go to a local beach while enjoying a coconut on the sand or exploring a local market (I had to come back with some gifts for the Family of course!). The markets are completely overwhelming but it was worth it. I found a couple of hand crafted over throws for my bed... spices (saffron, cinnamon, marsala), jewelry... One day there was a CRAZY storm that left me in my room reading all day. The storm was absolutely in sane! One moment it was sunny... and the next it was down pour raining with very loud thunderstorms. The electricity went out a couple of times and Satsanga actually had a direct hit of lightening! The hit caused the internet to go out.... and thankfully no one was hurt :) My last day in Goa was a very sad day.... I woke up feeling very  heartbroken... I attended a yoga class in the morning and laid out by the pool with my new friends that I had to leave very soon. The taxi picked me up around 3 pm and I had to leave my beautiful Satsanga and friends. This was THE BEST TRIP EVER and I WILL BE BACK.... but for longer :) Good by India... Until next time.. Tear...

No comments:

Post a Comment